Below is message circulated on behalf of our local policing colleagues. If you have any questions or information please do not hesitate to contact the school.
“We have been informed by GMP of an incident reported on 28/02/19 regarding a suspicious male approaching lone teenage girls in the Edgeley area during evening hours. Police and their partner agencies are investigating this incident and extra attention is being given to this area whilst enquiries continue. We have been assured by Police that there is no reason to be alarmed, but in the interests of pupil safety this information has been shared with all schools in the Stockport area.
- Please can we remind ALL pupils of the need to be mindful of their personal safety when outside of school. Please ensure you read and follow the below advice:
- Try not to walk the streets alone, particularly after dark.
- Always stick with friends whenever possible.
- Ensure your parents or guardians know where you are, who you are with and when you are likely to be home.
- If you have a mobile phone, keep the battery charged and phone switched on at all times. You can also download and install an app (such as ‘Find My Friends’) to your smartphone to allow your location to be shared with family or friends.
- Wherever possible, avoid poorly lit streets and parks.
- Keep a phone number for a local, reputable taxi company saved in your phone.
- If you feel unsafe for any reason, get to a safe location quickly and inform somebody you can trust.
- If you feel in danger, dial 999 immediately and ask for Police”